This is a breakfast of (paleo) champions. Adapted from “No-atmeal” (no oat oatmeal) from Mark’s Daily Apple’s reader created cookbook. Makes 4 small dense servings, or 2 hearty meal replacement servings.
3/4 cup Walnuts
3/4 cup Pecans
2 big spoons of Flaxseed
1 ripe banana
1 big spoon of Almond butter
1/2 cup coconut milk
All spice (or nutmeg)
1/2 cup Blueberries or raspberries (optional)
Palmful of pumpkin/squash seeds (or unsalted sunflower seeds) (optional)
What you will need:
Blender/food processor to grind up nuts (or get nut meal pre-ground).
1 wisk (or whatever your favorite mixing utensil is)
1 large bowl
1 smaller bowl
1 medium sized pot
1. In a food processor, grind up nuts, flaxseed cinnamon and all spice. Set aside.
2. Mix eggs and coconut mix until smooth in the large bowl.
3. Mash up the ripe banana and mix in the almond butter with the banana in the smaller bowl.
4. Add the banana/almond butter mush to the egg/coconut in the big bowl.
5. Add the ground nuts to the big bowl and stir until blended.
6. Put mixture in a pot on the stove and cook on medium for 6-8 minutes, stirring frequently, until everything is hot.
Now you just have to decide if it’s 1-4 servings.
7. Serve into bowls.
8. Add your berries and seeds if you have them on top.
Feel free to use different seeds, spices and berries as the seasons change and make it your own. As listed, this is 2080 calories. 74% fat, 12% protein, 14% carbs with lots of good fats and nutrient dense ingredients.
The Omega fatty acid ratio is: 4.5:1 of Omega -6/3 ratio (The closer to 3:1 the better)
The K/Na ratio is: 9.4:1 Potassium/Sodium ratio (A ratio above 5:1 is ideal, but even 2:1 helps high blood pressure. You get into trouble when you eat more sodium than potassium.)
(Macro/micro nutrients obtained from PaleoTrack)
It’s also sugar free, legume free, grain free and dairy free!